Thursday, January 6, 2011

So many teams but still room for more

Wow, look at us go!  The competitive instinct is alive and well in libraries around the state.  As I write this, 11 teams are aggressively blogging for the fame and glory which will inevitably be bestowed on the winners.  When we are leg wrestling (or other tie breaking method that you can vote for or suggest in our scoring survey) to break the fated tie at the end of the year, we will be sure to charge admission…money that will be added to the final winnings.

So, are you lurking on the sidelines?  Time to join up.  How can you miss out on these good times? You can get a team together faster than a flash mob (and how long have I been waiting for an excuse to use “flash mob” in a sentence?).  Even the aged among us haven’t forgotten what we have read so far in 2011.  Unless, of course, you are too scared of the competition.  Are your library employees/coworkers not displaying the mettle needed to be a part of this?  Don’t let fear rule your year…follow us into the fray.

5 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to keep track of what I've read in a year, but have never been able to. I know have high hopes. I was shocked to realize that I have read almost 2500 pages so far this year (over 700 pages in graphic novels but it still counts) and it's not even a week. I know I will slow down, but it's fun crushing others so early in the competition. Bow before my reading might!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful now, you are scaring the others out there who are considering joining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was said with a smile. Not in a challenging manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll play nice. I just read a ton, my mom used to punish me as a kid by taking away reading time. "No reading for 3 days!" I would end up hiding, sneaking books.

    ReplyDelete