Team captains got a preview of the scoring system and seem to approve. Of course your comments are welcome.
In an effort to give each team a chance to win the trophy (which will be awesome), we have developed 10 scoring factors. You can pick 5 of them and your rank in those five will be added together for your total score. There are 11 teams, for ease, the top 10 in each factor would get points from 10 (highest) to 1 (lowest).
Here are the factors that we came up with:
1. Team – total books read
2. Team - total pages read
3. Team – page average (your total pages/total books)
4. Top 5 team members – total books read
5. Top 5 team members – total pages read
6. Top 5 team members – page average (top 5 people total pages/total books)
7. Percentage of participants – total employees/# on your team – a person would have had to blog for at least 6 months to count as a team member.
8. Consistency – Total team members/# of team members who have blogged at least 11 out of 12 months (or 90% of the months employed by library)
9. Number of employees at your library whose homes were destroyed this year.
10. Number of books blogged about that feature a pony.
Hopefully everyone will see at least a few of these that look attractive for their team. Of course part of the fun is we won't know which factors the other teams want to count in their score which may affect final totals.