Tuesday, September 6, 2011

question from Marshall

So I've noticed that many of the teams list how many members they have.  Do those numbers reflect how many people signed up at the beginning or do they reflect how many are active?  We have several members who haven't posted for months and I'm wondering if they should be counted because basically we are competing with only half the people who signed up.

Or should I just find a way to scare them into participating?  Hmm . . that could be fun!

5 comments:

  1. We have been listing the number who participate that month...we also have some who aren't pulling their weight and we try scare tactics. If you find something that works well, let us know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We count only the "active" readers; which is honestly about 3/4ths of the people who signed up. I was going to post a "wall of shame" on the SCCCLD blog to goad the slackers into participating, but then I remembered that this is just a game and I don't really need to make enemies with my coworkers just because I am on some kind of power trip. But, I so do like the power I get from running the Book Challenge blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing I like better than a librarian on a power trip! Also...what is this about "just a game"...this is a world class competition baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I totally agree. The power is wonderful, but watch out, it corrupts. What gets me is the people in my library who read but won't be bothered to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel in good company. I'm not alone in letting power go to my head! Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete